Friday, May 1, 2009

Is my nephew cute enough to eat?


This is a picture of Taylor, my first and only nephew.  He is a really stinkin' cute kid. Really, this kid is absolutely the cutest kid I know.  "Yeah, yeah," you say.  "He's your nephew. You're biased" you say.  Maybe so.  I've never been one to agree with the idea that all kids are cute.  There is an obligitory "oh yes, so cute" response we're all supposed to have when a child or baby is mentioned. I don't have it.   Now that a little kid is more in my life, I'm more aware of this too.  Not all babies are created equally.  There are some really ugly babies out there.  I've got a friend who is great with kids.  Loves playing with them, loves looking at pictures of them.  No matter how often he shows me these pictures, I have not yet been impressed. I've given the courteous "yes, cute..." on occasion -- but only to be nice.  More often I've just said "wow, ugly baby" or "not cute."  Call me heartless, or call me a discerning customer. I like "the kid", as we call him.
Then I stumbled across this picture on flickr. Taylor needs one. Hilarious!  Though cruel to essentially disable your baby's mobility, it sure would be great to see and then be able to say "my baby looks good enough to eat."  For a closing visual: imagine your baby has learned to walk. Who can resist a cheesy baby burger walking toward them? I wanna' Taylor burger!

3 comments: